Monday, August 17, 2015

Straight Outta Questions



Haven't seen Straight Outta Compton yet? Well why not? Get up and go see this movie! I saw it over the past weekend and it was a really good film. It showed a side of hip hop I think few knew was there in regards to social issues. It was also good to hear some of the best music in hip hop. I won't go into how terrible hip hop is these days. 
I really enjoyed the movie, but I'm a bit confused as to why theaters felt the need to increase security for this particular film. There's nothing in this film that would make me want to go out and commit some crime either at the theater or anywhere else. I'm wondering who even suggested this and what exactly was their reasoning behind it. 
Of course, as a black man, I have my own thoughts and theories, but I don't want to automatically jump to any conclusions. Whoever it was, they are totally out of touch with reality and obviously a prejudice person. 
I went to the Collierville Malco theater and all I saw was one police officer that was churning it up with the person that checks the tickets and points you in the direction of your movie. He hardly made me feel protected in any way. 

Anyways, that's my rant,which should have been posted last week. The movie is pretty good. 

Another random thing. I saw on Twitter that someone posted about the movie that Easy E dies. A younger kid replied and said "don't spoil the movie". It was hilarious. I totally forgot that Easy E died long before some of these kids were even born. OK that was my funny moment. Go see the film. 

No comments:

Post a Comment